March 5, 2019
Colorado Section now hosts every step of the competition to get to the
National Finals at Augusta
Holly Champion, PGA
Colorado PGA, Player Development Director
The states first Regional Qualifier will be hosted by the critically acclaimed Colorado Golf Club on September 8, 2019, just days before this prestigious venue plays host to the 2019 U.S. Mid-Amateur Championship. Colorado Golf Club has served as host for top competitions having previously held the 2010 Senior PGA Championship and the 2013 Solheim Cup.
“It’s an absolute honor to be chosen as the host site for the Drive, Chip & Putt Colorado Regional Qualifier,” comments Graham Cliff, PGA, Director of Golf at Colorado Golf Club. “For our membership to have the opportunity to witness these young players qualify at Colorado Golf Club and then watch them compete at Augusta National is going to be extremely memorable.”
Drive, Chip & Putt is a free event for boys and girls ages 7 to 15 centered around the three fundamental skills of golf – driving, chipping and putting. In 2018, approximately 50,000 youngsters at 290 sites throughout all 50 states competed at local qualifiers for the opportunity to move forward.
Top performers at the local level will advance through sub-regional and regional qualifiers. The top 80 performers in four age categories – 40 boys and 40 girls – will earn an invitation to compete in the National Finals at Augusta National Golf Club on Sunday, April 5, the eve of the 2020 Masters Tournament.
Colorado qualifiers begin Saturday, May 29, 2019, at The Golf Club at Bear Dance in Larkspur, Colo.
The Junior Golf Alliance of Colorado’s Drive, Chip & Putt 2019 schedule is as follows:
- Local Qualifiers:
- The Golf Club at Bear Dance – May 29, 2019
- The Ridge at Castle Pines North – June 3, 2019
- The Club at Flying Horse – June 11, 2019
- Fort Collins Country Club – June 17, 2019
- Walnut Creek Golf Preserve – June 24, 2019
- Cherry Creek Country Club – July 1, 2019
- CommonGround Golf Course – July 9, 2019
- Eagle Ranch Golf Course – July 22, 2019
- University of Denver Golf Club – July 25, 2019
- West Woods Golf Club – July 29, 2019
- Sub-regional Qualifiers:
- Murphy Creek Golf Course – August 3, 2019
- Thorncreek Golf Course – August 24, 2019
- Regional Qualifier:
- Colorado Golf Club – September 8, 2019