Golf Schools and Academies
Golf Schools and Academies
Golf Schools and Academies represent extended learning and training programs that are offered throughout the year and include elements of nutrition, sport specific fitness, and integration of technology like launch monitors, 3D movement and club fitting into coaching. Many golf schools and academies offer year round training and indoor locations to encourage complete golfer development in an otherwise seasonal climate.
Dedication to youth development has been at the heart of Jakes Academy programing since it's inception. With golf as it's centerpiece, junior golfers from around the metro area have been encouraged to develop their full creative potential through the wonderful lessons of golf. Youth from many different demographics have consistently trained to become top-level golfers, with a majority of graduates moving on to play golf at the collegiate level receiving scholarships. Many of these participants joined the program with little or no internal belief to play golf beyond high school. The program helped them prove otherwise, for when hope is encouraged, people can achieve beyond all limitations. The coaching team's background and accomplishments include:
- 1981 Colorado State High School Champion
- 1982 National High School All – America
- Collegiate All-America 1987 (University of Texas-El Paso)
- 1988 -89 South African Sunshine Tour
- 1988 US Open (The Country Club)
- 1992-1998 Arnold Palmer Golf Academy Head Instructor (Saddlebrook Resort, Tampa FL – Oasis Resort, Mesquite NV)
- 2000-2002 Bear Creek GC (Denver, CO) Director of instruction
- 2003-Present Founder/Owner, Jakes Academy/Jake’s Place
- 1997- Present Class A Member PGA of America
- Voted top 10 instructors in CO by Golf Digest
- Featured in The Pro’s Secret with Bob Proctor and Brad Brewer (see video at http://vimeo.com/65980790 Password: proctor)
- Certified Harold Swash Putting Instructor (1 of 2 in US)
- Member Titleist Professional Staff
Jakes Academy is an environment where junior golfers engage with like-minded individuals and learn from premier golf teachers how to be successful in the game of golf. Learn more.
In 2017, the JGAC will launch the JGAC Academy. The academy is structured using the Operation 36 Junior Development Framework. The framework is used by facilities across the nation and consists of parents, coaches, and juniors working towards the goal of shooting par or better for 9 holes. Each junior that enrolls in the academy will be issued an Op 36 Bag Tag and profile in our Op36 Academy Mobile app.
The Op36 Platform consists of 6 levels, and has a 12 subject curriculum that our coaches will deliver throughout the academy semester. When the junior can demonstrate objectives to coaches they will earn badges on their bag tag, and will be able to track and log the progress in the mobile app. Each achievement is tracked in a social activity feed and points are earned for completing objectives, and playing/practicing outside of class. To graduate from the Academy, the juniors must progress through all 6 levels and ultimately shoot par or better for 9 holes from their full tee box based on age.
2017 Location & Dates coming soon!
The MetaGolf Learning Center is a highly-regarded golf academy in Colorado, encompassing a staff of elite instructors who teach some of Colorado’s top junior and collegiate golfers, as well as many other juniors of all ages and abilities. The backgrounds of MetaGolf’s Staff include:
- Teaching 11 collegiate golfers who currently play on either the Men’s / Women’s Golf Teams at CSU, CU, DU, CCU, and UCCS.
- Student wins at every junior level, multiple individual and team state champions, NCAA All-Americans, Canadian Tour Members, US Open Qualifiers, Web.Com Members, and 3 PGA Tour Members
- High School Golf Coaches for the Valor High School Boys and Girls Golf Teams, winning 5 State Championships and the JeffCo 4a High School Coach of the Year Award
- A staff who has taught for renowned instructors Jim Mclean, Mike McGetrick, Peter Kostis, Stan Utley, holds multiple TPI Institute Fitness Certifications, Club-fitting Certifications, Aimpoint Green Reading Certifications, PGA of America Class-A Professionals, authors of numerous publications and instruction books, and 5 years as a collegiate golf coach.
- A staff who has personally competed at every level from junior to professional, their highlights include competing collegiately, playing on multiple mini-tours, qualifying for national professional events, competing in multiple Q-Schools, and making the cut in the US Open.
MetaGolf is committed to being a top golf performance center in Colorado through taking a holistic approach to golfer development by improving the mind, body, technique, and equipment. MetaGolf’s programs consist of multiple options for juniors, some being individual, some group, some casual, and some comprehensive. To learn more about MetaGolf and their programs, feel free to give them a call at 303-799-0870, or visit their website at www.metagolflc.com
The Trent Wearner Golf Academy is the premiere junior golf academy in Colorado with a long track record of developing the state’s top junior golfers. The academy has had 16 High School State Champions, 10 High School State Team Titles, and we’re fortunate to have had 32 students qualify to play in National USGA Events. With our unmatched Student Accomplishments
and a serious passion to help juniors regardless of ability level, the team at Trent Wearner Golf will guide and empower your junior golfer down the right path. Our philosophy of improving technique so the junior can become more consistent, showing the golfer how to practice properly, and spending time on the course so the junior can manage the course, make good decisions and become mentally tough has allowed our students to achieve what they have. Combine this with our award-winning coaches and programs and there simply isn’t a better place to go in Colorado than Trent Wearner Golf Academy.
- #1 Rated Teacher in Colorado – Golf Digest
- Top 25 Elite Junior Coaches – FCG Tour
- Two-time Colorado PGA Teacher of the Year
- Colorado PGA Youth Player Development Award winner
- Colorado PGA Player Development Award winner
- Best Teachers in State List since 2005– Golf Digest
- Assistant Golf Professional of the Year – Colorado PGA
Our programs consist of private coaching as well as group programs but these aren’t your typical group programs where there are tons of kids. We only have three juniors in a group to keep quality extremely high. So no matter your budget or commitment level, your junior will have the best possible experience. Please visit our Private Coaching page here
and our Group Program page here